I'm a User Experience Professional with a purpose to create meaningful interactions and build interfaces that enable the target audience to achieve their goals.
- I have a bachelor's degree (BSc) in Mathematics, which, among others, taught me how to apply structured thinking into creative design and draw parallelisms from mathematics problem solving techniques.
- I have a masters (MSc) in Human Computer Interaction with Egonomics from UCL, which taught me how to apply science and psychology to User Experience and Interaction Design decisions
- Music has an integral part in my life and composing it is one of the ways my creativity is channelled.
- I love photography. There are many similarities between taking pictures and designing interfaces; directing, composing, using the equipment at hand, and removing the needed elements from your composition that don’t contribute to the storytelling.
I apply reason and justification for every design decision made by mapping them to the requirements from the end users and the business.
I conduct, plan and analyse user research and usability testing.
Some of the techniques I use are:
- Wizard of Oz
- Remote Usability Testing
- Task completion with think aloud
I quickly produce ideas with different fidelity levels depending on the stage the projects are in.
Some of the tools in my arsenal are:
- Pen and paper
Used sensibly, animations can help with discovery and navigation, contributing to a delightful experience.
I communicate the ideas using a tools such as:
Visual Design (Some)
Even though I am not professionally trained as a visual designer, I appreciate a good design, and enjoy contributing to visual design ideas. I use tools like:
When I was working for RedKite Financial Markets, I was also producing visual design assets for the financial platform, due to the lack of a dedicated visual designer. I've also created the visual design language for the "No Excuse" app and made the "Ruby the Robot" character for the iOS sticker project.
I was exposed to development during my "Digital Systems and Technology enhanced Education" MSc where I was taught the basics of:
- HTML, CSS
- ActionScript, Swift
Sectors I've worked in
- Banking and Finance
- Risk and Compliance
- Health and Fitness
- Computer Entertainment
- Oil sectors for some of the Fortune 500 companies